Energy Efficiency Directive
The law includes the following provisions:
- All companies not covered by the SME regulation must carry out an energy audit according to DIN EN 16247 by 5 December 2015 at the latest.
- Alternatively, in accordance with the transitional rule*, ISO 50001 or EMAS can be introduced.
- Implementation of the system must be fully completed by the end of the transitional period.
- For companies with many similar locations (such as chain stores), a multi-site procedure can be used for the energy audit.
- ISO 14001 is not sufficient to meet the audit obligation.
We will inform you about the current legally binding developments and requirements regarding EDL-G on this site, and with our information flyer.
* Proof of the beginning of the introduction of the system between 5 Dec. 2015 and 31 Dec. 2016 is required.
For companies with a power consumption of 1 to 5 GWh, proof of an “alternative system” is sufficient, as is the case for reimbursement of the electricity and energy tax according to the Surplus Settlement Efficiency System Regulation. Companies that use more than 5 GWh of electricity per year must even present proof of a certified energy or environmental management system. The costs of the EEG electricity surcharge can be substantially reduced by this limitation.
We prepare your company for the requirements of the EEG and for successful certification of the respective systems. The experienced and accredited auditors of our partner company Arqum Zert GmbH can then independently certify your system in the next step.
An auditor’s certificate is issued by an accredited environmental auditor or a certification centre to demonstrate the introduction of a system to improve energy efficiency. This is done after an on-site inspection of the company. The relevant documents on the energy media, energy consumers and energy-saving measures must be submitted to the environmental auditor at least two weeks prior to this. All of the requirements must be met by the 31st December of a year in order to make the application for a refund for the respective year at the Customs and Excise Office. In our two customer information flyers on the Alternative System and the Vertical Approach of ISO 50001, we inform you in detail about what has to be done.
We will calculate the refund you can expect this year free of charge, and will provide support in the fulfilment of all tasks required for successful certification. You can then have your system certified by the accredited auditors of Arqum Zert GmbH.
|Production of foodstuffs and tobacco||10||03|
|Production of beverages||11||03|
|Production of chemical products||20||12|
|Production of metal products||25||17.1|