The goal of our international projects is above all to promote a climate-friendly and sustainable economy. Arqum takes on a variety of tasks for the successful implementation of such projects.
These types of projects range from small capacity-building projects to develoPPP and larger contracts with various donor organisations. In the following, we present some projects as references.
We would be happy to discuss your individual project ideas with you!
- Online training on energy efficiency for companies in India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Vietnam
- initiated by the GIZ internal sector network TUEWAS (Transport, Environment, Energy and Water in Asia)
- The main objective is that these SEEGs (small energy efficiency groups), accompanied by a national consultant, identify energy saving opportunities, prepare measures and present them convincingly to top management and thus implement them.
- Arqum supports both the companies directly and the national advisors in their function
- Together with the German-Azerbaijani Chamber of Commerce Abroad, Arqum is organising an online training programme on water and wastewater management for companies from various sectors, state institutions and municipal service providers. The training will take place in several online seminars between mid-September 2020 and the end of October 2020.
- In countries like Azerbaijan, water stress is expected to increase further in the coming years. Therefore, companies are increasingly forced to implement water-saving and water-conserving measures. Together with other sectors, they should reduce the burden on water supply and disposal and thus also ensure the maintenance of their own production. The example of Azerbaijan shows that there is also a need at the global level to sharpen the focus on which products are used and how high their (virtual) water consumption is.
- The aim of the online training is both to create awareness in companies for the sustainable use of water as a resource and to enable participants to implement concrete and effective measures for resource conservation in their own companies. To this end, participants are taught practical knowledge about the processes involved in water supply, treatment and disposal. In addition, the participating companies learn which processes and structures are required for sustainable, operational water management and how these can be anchored in the company.
- Implementation of energy efficiency and management consulting for 22 industrial and public enterprises in the framework of the China Network (climate protection network in China).
- Arqum facilitated technology and knowledge transfer workshops for these companies and provided capacity development for the local partners
- Arqum developed a long-term strategy for the local public partners to build up modern service structures in energy and climate protection consulting.
- In 2015, the joint project of Continental and Arqum “Sustainability Network in the Mexican Automotive Supply Chain” started with the clear objectives of creating a network for the exchange of information and establishing improvements for environmental performance.
- The focus was particularly on raising awareness, training and practical support for suppliers in the implementation of measures for environmental and resource protection
- The results are impressive: in total, around 50 process and organisational improvement measures were identified at the ten companies and the companies were able to reduce their CO2 emissions by an average of more than 20%, increase their energy efficiency by around 5% and reduce the amount of hazardous waste by almost 35%.
- The project was also supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the German Investment and Development Company (DEG)
- Together with avanti GreenSoftware GmbH and Nessus Hoteles Peru S.A. (Casa Andina), Arqum is implementing this model project
- practice-oriented approaches to increase energy efficiency and to implement concrete solutions for an operational climate protection management are to be introduced
- The basis is an integrated training and consulting programme that demonstrably improves energy efficiency and thus reduces the emission of climate-relevant greenhouse gases.
Guides & publications
What can we do for you?
Contact us today.
Customer projects International
Support for the initiation and implementation of energy efficiency networks in Jordan. Development of energy efficiency measures in the participating companies and promotion of the exchange of experience and know-how transfer on the network platform.
Conducting online trainings for energy advisors and companies in Vietnam, Bangladesh, India and Nepal to identify energy saving opportunities among the participating companies and to promote the exchange of experience and know-how transfer with a networking approach.
Conduct training and provide practical support to suppliers in Mexico in implementing environmental and resource protection measures.
Conducting online training courses on water and wastewater management for companies in Azerbaijan in cooperation with the German-Azerbaijani Chamber of Commerce Abroad in order to raise awareness of the sustainable use of water as a resource and to be able to implement effective measures to conserve resources.
Further education and training
Seminars & Webinars